Welcome to Hi.
- Information We Get From You. If you wish to have access to certain functionalities of our Services you will be required to become a registered user and provide certain information about yourself. You may also decide to post and provide content and information through our Services. Youu may, however, visit our Site without providing this information. We collect your name, email address, phone number, picture, username, password, biographical information (including data in your biographical information such as demographic information (for example, occupation), professional title and company name), your location, information contained in content that you upload (e.g., photos, stories, comments and other materials) and feedback you provide, and other information you directly give us through our Services.
- Information We Get from Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get through our Services.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device. For example, when you visit or use our Services, we log your IP address, browser type and the domain from which you are visiting, operating system, platform, the search terms you used to find the Services or search terms used on the Services, any advertisements on which you click, your country, city and general location as determined by your IP address, GPS coordinates (if you enable this feature), a device identifier (but not the UDID), information about your use of and actions on our Services. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Services at any time, through your mobile device settings.
- Web Beacons. We or our partners may log information using digital images called Web beacons or Clear GIFs on our Site or in our emails.Web beacons are used to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not. Web Beacons can also be used to tell if you open or act on our emails.
- Metadata. Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with user content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of user content was collected and how that content is formatted. Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including tags or topic markers (e.g., to provide general context for your moment), “thanks” or “tell me more” actions, local weather information, comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses by following the “opt-in” instructions we provide to allow such disclosure. If you have opted-in to receive e-mail communications from a third party company and later wish to discontinue receipt of these e-mails, please contact the third party company directly to update your preferences. The privacy policies of such third party companies may apply to the use and disclosure of your information that we collect and disclose to them. Because we do not control the privacy practices of third party companies, you should read and understand their privacy policies.
We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with third party service providers who need it to do work for us.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Site or Services. These companies may collect and use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services to you.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take steps to help protect personal information, such as using secure socket layer technology (SSL) encryption for your transmission of sensitive information. No company can fully prevent security risks, however. Mistakes may happen. Bad actors may defeat even the best safeguards.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Hi may contain links to other sites. When you click on a link to any other website or location, you will leave our Services and go to another site and another entity may collect information from you. We have no control over and cannot be responsible for, these outside websites or their content. Please be aware that the terms of this Policy do not apply to these outside websites or content, or to any collection, use, disclosure and storage of information, security and privacy policies and practices of such outside websites.
Hi requires location data to post content. Moments can’t be posted to the site without location (e.g., latitude and longitude). Location is added by enabling your computer or mobile device to provide this information. We may use various technologies to determine location, such as GPS, Wi-Fi or other network-based data such as IP address. Your GPS geo-location is not accessed without your consent. We may use and store your location data to provide location related Services and advertisements.
However, you may view Hi without sharing your location publicly with other users. If you choose not to post content and share your location with other users, we may still use your location to customize your experience, including but not limited to showing you content and advertisements based on your current or past locations.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with their personal information, please contact us at email@example.com and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
A NOTE TO USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
Your information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By using our Services, you consent to the collection, transfer, use, storage and disclosure of your information as described in this Policy.
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may also contact us at our address:
164 Townsend St., Suite 3, San Francisco, CA 94107
+1 (415) 890-3752
This Policy was last updated on [July 31, 2013]